by David and Tim Bayly on October 4, 2010 - 1:24pm
(Tim) Last night on our way out to Vienna, Virginia for Joe Sobran's wake, Brian and I (Charlie Dugdale is also with us) traded Sobran quotes for a while, writing down our favorites.
- A college education teaches one the correct views on racial minorities and provides the means to live as far away from them as possible.
- The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government.
- Politician's lexicon: Greed is wanting to keep as much of your wealth as possible. Need is wanting someone else's wealth. Compassion is the means by which the transfer is arranged.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I'm a Republican.
- Quoting Chesterton: The modern and morbid habit of sacrificing the normal on the altar of the abnormal.
- The U.S. Constitution bears the same tenuous relationship to our government as the Book of Revelation does to the Unitarian Universalist Church.
- Quoting Charles Peguy: No one will ever know how many acts of cowardice have been committed out of the fear of seeming insufficiently progressive.